[mapguide-users] MG 2.5 RC ............ wishing list

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 22:19:34 PST 2013

ideally you need to be able to import and export redlining, aka round
tripping

ignoring the 5 files for SHP, the SHP format also only allows a single
geometry type
which this useless for redlining

sqlite is a good bet, as is an xml format

as this is viewer code, it could be implemented and deployed post 2.5 via
svn for those who want it

On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Juanita <Juanita581 at riseup.net> wrote:

> Thank You Jackie for detailed information. I just gathering opinions about
> MG
> OS and some of the users never heard about SDF what is more, most of OS
> editors haven’t got conversion tools for SDF or just read SHP. It is a
> well-known problem with SHP (not a one single file) but maybe it would be
> simple to save it in zip or other compressed format.

Zac Spitzer
Solution Architect / Director
Ennoble Consultancy Australia
+61 405 847 168