[mapguide-users] mapguide default font style

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:39:20 PDT 2013

There is a default font setting which are configured in C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin\serverconfig.ini, however, it is for legend
font style only.  There are a couple of different default font aliases set
up in also, so you might want to check those as well.

When you create a layer definition via Maestro, I believe the default is
Arial.  When you make changes to the label style via Maestro GUI, it should
make the changes to the xml, so you could open the layer definition xml
after making your changes to see if the styles you choose are tagged
properly.

Assuming that you are using the Sheboygan sample layer and have made no
changes, I believe the layer's labels are Verdana font.  Perhaps you don't
have the correct font libraries loaded into the OS.  Sorry, I don't run
Centos, but if it is anything like Windows, the OS has a font library and
perhaps you don't have the fonts loaded correctly.

-Steve G