[mapguide-users] Mobile viewer for Mapguide Enterprise 2009, Jackie please help

Mauricio Villablanca mgvillablanca at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 17:23:54 PDT 2013

Jackie,

You implemented a Mapguide viewer for mobile devices as described on your
The Map Guy(de) blog
http://themapguyde.blogspot.com/2012/06/rolling-your-own-mapguide-mobile-viewer.html

I downloaded the zip file you put on github.

I'm trying your implementation on Mapguide Enterprise 2009 running on Apache
+ PHP in Windows and I'm having some problems.

1) The map won't load even after I modified the proper variables (Mapguide
username, password, engine version for example) unless I hardcode the map
name and Mapguide session in the OVERLAY_PARAMS object used by the
OpenLayers client library. After hard-coding the session, a map loads.

2) The zoom functionality is not working properly. The problem seems to be
with the resolution output of the getResolution() function of that library.
Because of that I can only see layer zoomed in if I hardcode the scale and
reload the page.

See
http://www.e7studio.net:8008/mapguide2009/mobileviewer/index.php?map=Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition

I'd like to get my own maps viewable on the android by fixing these
problems. In your blog, you stated this is a proof of concept and I
appreciate you are not willing to support it but I'm hoping you'll be able
to share any tips.

Do you have a live Mapguide website with your implementation to see if the
problems mentioned above are there too?