[mapguide-users] Maestro4 RenderRuntimeMap different output from LocalNative and Http connection.

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Thu May 23 01:46:04 PDT 2013

Using latest Maestro4 API and RenderRuntimeMap produces different output
depending if I use Local Native connection or plain HTTP connection.
I render the map picture using the RenderRuntimeMap function of the
IMappingService.

Code sample:

LocalNative connection seems to be the correct one if I stitch several
images together to generate tiles they all math. But the HTTP connection
seems to be correct by scaling the map features (symbols) from the 96 dpi
(screen resolution) to the 150 dpi (print resolution), but doing so the
image scale also changes by a factor 0.64 (or 96/150). So the question is,
wich one is correct and why are the two different?
See the attached photos:
http.png <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5055145/http.png>
localnative.png
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5055145/localnative.png>