[mapguide-users] Tilecache with Mapguide

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Fri May 24 10:01:10 PDT 2013

Just wondering if anyone has used  tilecache <http://tilecache.org/>   or
geowebcache <http://geowebcache.org/>    or  mapproxy <http://mapproxy.org/>
integrated with MapGuide or if anyone has some recommendations of one over
another?  I am looking for ease of install, configuration, etc in a Windows
Server OS.

I am mostly interested because I think there are some current limitations
with the tile cache under the MapGuide hood.  The most significant are: tile
cache deletion every time you change anything in the map definition that
includes base layers (including individual layers) [I know the current
workaround is to rename the folder before making changes and then switch
back, but if one forgets this...there goes your entire cache]; performance
of seeding the cache using MgCooker; and the need to share base layers
between map definitions.

If anyone has recommendations of the above tile map services or can address
issues related in the second paragraph that would be great!

FYI...I've also looked at:  ServingTilesViaHttp
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/CodeSamples/Tiles/ServingTilesViaHttp >
.  This only works with Fusion (right?).  I have a legacy MapGuide project
in the Ajax viewer (php)...someday going to port over to fusion.

Thanks,

Steve