[mapguide-users] MapGuide Maestro 5.0 RC1 and 4.0.5 maintenance release available

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue May 28 17:24:21 PDT 2013

Under the hood, we're basically using the HttpWebRequest class whose input is
now an unbounded System.IO.Stream instead of a man-in-the-middle
MemoryStream.

Although the latter does simplify code and we still use this code path if
the file we're uploading is small enough, it is obviously an inefficient use
of memory and an OOM trigger if we're trying to upload a file that's several
GBs in size.

So yes it's feasible. Our API just expects a System.IO.Stream. We don't care
whether it's a file, in-memory object, or a download data stream from a
remote cloud service/provider.

- Jackie