[mapguide-users] WMS config files and image formats

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Fri May 31 06:42:04 PDT 2013

Hi, all

I run MapGuide OS 2.4 on Windows Sever 2003 R2 32-bit and publish with Maestro 5.0b5.

I've been trying to create a feature source from a specific WMS service.

http://geoint.lmic.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mncomp?VERSION=1.3.0&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

Here's a quick look at the layers:

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CE5DDA.BA114230]
When I do a feature source preview for a feature source without a config.xml I get this:
[cid:image007.jpg at 01CE5DDA.BA114230] [cid:image003.png at 01CE5DD4.E446FAF0]

The first displayed layer, Minnesota composite aerial photography, is recognized by ArcMap as the Service Name. mncomp is recognized as a layer.

Once the feature source is loaded into a layer, the only recognized feature class is Minnesota composite aerial photography and it won't display even if I view it at an extent where something should come up.

If a generate a config.xml file for the feature source then testing the connection reveals:
"FDO Connection Status:

       The remote server returned an error: (559) MgUnclassifiedException.:

Problem:\nThe application encountered a problem and could not finish the operation you just requested properly.\n\nSolution:\nIf it\'s the first time you met this problem, try again or restart the application / session; otherwise, describe the steps to reproduce this problem to the server administrator for suggestions.

       The remote server returned an error: (559) MgUnclassifiedException."

Jpeg is the only image format the WMS support but I tried changing the image format in the Advanced properties to either GIF or PNG and the connection tested true again. The same error occurs if I set the image format to TIF. I found a mail posting that with a similar problem: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Maestro-4-0-4-Cannot-change-WMS-from-PNG-to-JPG-td5019493.html

With the image format set to GIF or PNG I can preview the feature source and this is what I get:
[cid:image009.jpg at 01CE5DDA.BA114230][cid:image010.png at 01CE5DD7.8C9B8FC0]

So, the gist of what I'm wondering is

1.  Is there anything I can do to make maestro read this WMS properly?

2.  Is there any way I can set the image format to jpg (or TIF) without breaking the connection?