[mapguide-users] Fusion legend performance fixes in the future?

amorsell andy.morsell at autodesk.com
Fri Nov 1 12:20:28 PDT 2013

Hi All,
On a current project, we have a map with about 220 layers and many of those
layers are thematic (but none with over 10 themes).  We have found that the
legend widget is the single largest performance drag on the application.
For instance, we might see an application rendering time of 30 seconds when
the legend is enabled and 5 seconds when it is not.  We can identify several
reasons why the widget is so slow.  An example is that it calls the
GETLEGENDIMAGE operation for every layer and theme swatch whether it is
visible (expanded) in the legend or not for a given scale factor.  Whereas
the AJAX viewer will request those images only when the layer or them is
expanded.  That includes at the time of the expansion.

I'm sure that others have had similar issues with the Fusion legend and I am
wondering if anyone is actively working on re-tooling the legend widget?  I
looked through TRAC and do not see any active tickets pertaining to this
topic.

Thank you,

Andy