[mapguide-users] Fusion legend performance fixes in the future?

amorsell andy.morsell at autodesk.com
Sat Nov 2 09:17:44 PDT 2013

A follow-up to my last message.  I do see where the jxTreeIcon item is using
data URI for the image but there is still a ton of chatter with the server.
With every scale change, the GETLEGENDIMAGE operation is issued for each
legend icon and it appears that there is no caching occurring.

Perhaps most of the slowness is in JxTree itself and the client-side
assembly of the tree.  The AJAX viewer legend is asynchronous and only
requests legend images for what are visible whereas the Fusion legend
requests ALL of them regardless of their visibility on scale change.