[mapguide-users] Fusion legend performance fixes in the future?

amorsell andy.morsell at autodesk.com
Mon Nov 4 15:16:15 PST 2013

Thanks again Jackie.  Yes, we have to run IE 8 in compatibility or other
elements of our flexible layout fail to work.  preCacheIcons was being set
to false during browser detection for that reason so the legend was falling
back to using the GETLEGENDIMAGE operation.  I hard-coded preCacheIcons =
true in the MapGuide.js loadScaleRanges function and it is no longer using
the GETLEGENDIMAGE operation and is instead using the data URI's.  It is
performing much better now.

I see a couple of other places where performance improvements can be made to
the legend and if we make those changes I will make sure to submit that back
to MGOS.

Thanks so much for your help.