[mapguide-users] Python user scripts for MapGuide Maestro 5.0

MitchGreig mitchell.greig at altusgroup.com
Fri Oct 25 10:11:01 PDT 2013

I have a bunch of scripts I could share but they have a somewhat sloppy
element that I want to ask about first. I notice if there is a lot of
changes that need to occur (cycle through 75 maps in a resource directory
and change each one), there is always a really quick timeout error thrown by
maestro (20 seconds-ish). Does anyone know what configuration or issue might
cause this?

My way of dealing with it has been multithreading the tasks (Each letter of
the alphabet gets its own thread and works on resources that start with that
letter). This never times out, although it will freeze or stop working
periodically, but it means I can make a lot of changes with just a couple
run-throughs.