[mapguide-users] Export feature to shape in MapGuide

ar_gaeta riccardog79 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 03:47:53 PDT 2013

Hi all.
I've searched around all the web but I didn't find exhaustive explanation
about if it's possible accomplished this.
There was a link by Jackie published here:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users/2009-February/016702.html
that is seems interesting but it respond with a "Not Found".
Other discussion about the argument are old and not explained in detail.

My aim is simply the follow:
- from a map viewer interface (AJAX or Fusion) a user press a button, choose
a layer available on the map (and stored in MapGuide in anyway: sdf, shape,
PostGIS, etc), and export it as shapefile

Is it possible do that?

Thanks for any help or tips.
Riccardo

P.S.: I'm using MGOS 2.5, FDO 3.8, and PHP as basic language.