[mapguide-users] Step by Step Mrsid Gdal support implementation for packaged MGOS 2.5.1

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Fri Sep 13 05:26:25 PDT 2013

Like you've probably noticed, it's tricky to know exactly one dlls are right for your MapGuide. I can tell your link to gisinternals is on the right track. Based on the file name you've got the bitness correct (x64.) The other factor is the 1-9-0, which refers to the FDO version that MapGuide 2.5.1 uses. I use MGOS 2.4, which also uses 1-9-0 so I'm guessing you could be spot on about that link.

When installing support for mrsid on my mapguide server, I took down notes on all of the info that helped me do it right. Many of the steps were for installing support for ECW. I found the steps were similar enough to follow for mrsid. Notice that I use 32 bit MGOS so the links I direct to won't be right for you. Use the ones you found instead:

This web page describes how to install the plugin on MGOS 2.2. Do not use the dlls listed here; they are out of date. It provides a list of where the plugins should go which is useful.
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MGOS22GdalProvider
This web page is from the MapGuide Users mailing list. It describes how to install the ECW plugin for GDAL. It shows where to find the plugins and where they should go. The dlls needed for ECW are identical to Mr Sid so the steps apply.
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Step-by-Step-for-ECW-and-MGOS-2-4-td4995445.html#a4995528
The dll files can be downloaded here as indicated in the web page above. These are the right files assuming Infraseek is still on a 32bit OS and MGOS still uses GDAL ver 1.9.
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip