[mapguide-users] AIMS 2013 Oracle spatial does not work

weslleywang weslleywang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 12:09:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

Sorry to post AIMS question here.

Actually I downloaded a demo project MgViewerExtension from  link
<http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/09/intelligent-landing-page-for-aimsmapguide-ajax-viewer-1.html>
and try it on the "Sheboygan" sample in Autodesck Infrastructure Server Web
Extension. It works kinda fine with the url
"http://localhost/MgViewerExtension/default.aspx?Layer=Districts&LayerFilter=Autogenerated_SDF_ID
=9". Sometimes it gives me an error like beblow.

"Problem:
The application encountered a problem and could not finish the operation you
just requested properly.

Solution:
If it\'s the first time you met this problem, try again or restart the
application / session; otherwise, describe the steps to reproduce this
problem to the server administrator for suggestions.

After I refresh the browser, it's works again. It's like sometimes it works
sometimes not.

And then I created my own map and weblayout, The Map has one layer which is
using the Oracle as the datasource store graphic and non-graphic data. After
change the weblayout and map definition in the code from
string webLayout =
@"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Layouts/SheboyganAsp.WebLayout";
tring mapDef = @"Library://Samples/Sheboygan/Maps/Sheboygan.MapDefinition";

string webLayout = @"Library://RealSuite/Layouts/MapLayout.WebLayout";
string mapDef = @"Library://RealSuite/Maps/RealSuiteMap.MapDefinition";

When I run the url http://localhost/MgViewerExtension/default.aspx without
any filter, it works fine. But when I run the url with layer and filter as
http://localhost/MgViewerExtension/default.aspx?Layer=SpatialLayer&LayerFilter=BUILDING_ID
= 'TDB0103'

It gives me an error The map definition is invalid.

Do you have any idea what's happening here? All the code is the same except
the two lines I mentioned above. I am totally a newbie in the mapguide
development. If you can give some help, that would be perfect and I
appreciate it.

Attached are the screenshots

Thank you very much.

Weslley Wang