[mapguide-users] MapGuide - ArcSDE FDO

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:29:02 PDT 2013

Just reporting that I am able to successfully connect to an ArcSDE 10
database with MGOS 2.5 (using Maestro 5.0).  Here are some additional
details:

Server with MGOS 2.5 - 64bit
ArcSDE on SQL Server 2008 - 64bit

As described on many other posts/websites, the ArcSDE Provider with MGOS
does not come with the all of the dependent dlls needed (namely sde.dll,
pe.dll, and sg.dll).

For more info, see the following website (although for AutoCAD Map 3D, same
applies for Mapguide):

http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/index.html?url=filesMAPC3D/GUID-88B70030-40E4-4A0C-B20A-0D7ADAD98D50.htm,topicNumber=MAPC3Dd30e62966

To get the 64 bit dlls, I used the instructions on this blog:

http://totalcad.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/finding-and-extracting-the-64-bit-sde-dlls/

I ended up placing the dlls (sde.dll, pe.dll, and sg.dll) in both of the
following folders:

C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Fdo\bin  (I created this folder)
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin

I will also duplicate these instructions to the MGOS wiki site in the near
future for documentation purposes.