[mapguide-users] Limiting number of results from Maestro QueryFeatureSource or mapagent SELECTFEATURES?

John Galambos john.galambos at vancouver.ca
Tue Apr 22 12:09:00 PDT 2014

Fantastic--thanks Jackie!

Is it possible to somehow push this limit all the way through to the server
side? Perhaps I'd better explain what I'm trying to do.

We have a rather large map (500+) layers and are trying to tune it to
improve performance. As part of this, I've written a script (using the
Maestro API) that reads the map definition, and then isolates layers one at
a time in a runtime map, and records the amount of time it takes to render
random locations on this layer at the display scales defined for the layer.
To make sure we're rendering locations that actually display features for
the layer, I query 15-20 features from the layer in advance, and then zoom
to the location of the centroid of each feature. I am doing this via the
QueryFeatureSource API. I believe that because the limit doesn't get pushed
to the server, in effect I am querying all of the features for each layer in
the map, and  they're all coming across the wire in XML where currently the
script only ends up deserializing as many as the limit. It is working right
now, but it would be nice if it was a little more efficient. I'm wondering
if there is a way to avoid bringing all the features across without having
to get into feature class specific filters etc.