[mapguide-users] Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:55:00 PDT 2014

Here's a laundry list of blockers that I know of that are preventing us from
a working 64-bit build of MapGuide.

1. The FDO SHP provider's spatial indexing is not working properly on 64-bit
linux (breaks spatial queries on SHP files).
2. Quality of RDBMS FDO providers is an unknown quantity.
3. MapGuide feeds incorrect AGF binary data to FDO in 64-bit linux. Causes
MapGuide-issued spatial queries to fail as FDO is not creating the correct
FDO query geometries from the byte array fed from the MgAgfReaderWriter
4. MgMapBase destructor segfaults when attempting to save a MgMap. This
breaks any attempts to save map state and prevents the AJAX and Fusion
viewers from properly initializing (as both do a MgMap.Save() as part of its
initialization)

Items 1 and 2 simply leave us with a smaller subset of functional FDO
providers if not fixed. Items 3 and 4 are must fixes. We're really
brain-drained on how to resolve these items.

- Jackie