[mapguide-users] Any version of MGOS 64bit on Linux available?

cremebrulee cremebrulee at mailinator.com
Fri Aug 29 08:30:08 PDT 2014

Jackie Ng wrote
> Here's a laundry list of blockers that I know of that are preventing us
> from a working 64-bit build of MapGuide.
>
> 1. The FDO SHP provider's spatial indexing is not working properly on
> 64-bit linux (breaks spatial queries on SHP files).
> 2. Quality of RDBMS FDO providers is an unknown quantity.
> 3. MapGuide feeds incorrect AGF binary data to FDO in 64-bit linux. Causes
> MapGuide-issued spatial queries to fail as FDO is not creating the correct
> FDO query geometries from the byte array fed from the MgAgfReaderWriter
> 4. MgMapBase destructor segfaults when attempting to save a MgMap. This
> breaks any attempts to save map state and prevents the AJAX and Fusion
> viewers from properly initializing (as both do a MgMap.Save() as part of
> its initialization)
>
> Items 1 and 2 simply leave us with a smaller subset of functional FDO
> providers if not fixed. Items 3 and 4 are must fixes. We're really
> brain-drained on how to resolve these items.
>
> - Jackie

@Jackie Thanks for the update.
Just a thought on my end... Would it be possible to run the available 32 bit
MGOS linux (any version) on a 64 bit linux OS?
I was looking this up in general about running 32 bit apps on a 64 bit linux
OS and came upon this article:
http://www.maketecheasier.com/run-32-bit-apps-in-64-bit-linux/
I know the task may not be as trivial as the article i posted makes it
sound, I am just trying to get ideas to see if this is feasible. If you
think it is possible, I will work on it and document my efforts if it may
help anyone else that needs to perform a 32bit MGOS linux install on a 64
bit linux OS.

-----
-MGnoob