[mapguide-users] SHP Feature Source - Unmanaged File error over one thousand shapes

Liglio liglio at pobox.com
Sun Dec 14 15:36:55 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am using a SHP Feature Source - Unmanaged File to show cloud formations. I
receive 8 shapes files per day and the user can see historical shapes, so I
have to keep those shape files in the folder. The problem is that about over
one thousand shapes I get an error. It seems the error is due to FDO trying
to get the schema of all shape files. I understand that this "Unmanaged
File" folder must work just as a shape repository, where at the layer
definition I can point to the shape file that must de shown by setting the
feature class.

Anyone knows how to make it work without this number of shape files
limitation?

Using Windows Server 2012 and Mapguide 2.5.1.7768 x64.

Thanks.