[mapguide-users] SHP Feature Source - Unmanaged File error over one thousand shapes

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Sun Dec 14 23:36:35 PST 2014

You could create a small application that creates a feature source and layer
from each file instead of pointing to a directory. My experience is that a
folder with too many files used as a single feature source, is no good for
MapGuide.

Alternate, use your favorite desktop GIS software and merge all the historic
files into a single file. Have a column that uniquely identify the shapes
that belong to each file (id, filename, date or whatever suits your need).
Create a feature source that points to this file, and each layer should then
have a filter, to show the correct data. In our WebGIS application, we use
this with a slider to make people slide back and forth to show historical
data or flooding at different sea levels.
Watch it in action:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5O6LKydnk
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5O6LKydnk>

Best regards
  Hans Milling...