[mapguide-users] Fusion Maptips stop working

amorsell andy.morsell at autodesk.com
Thu Feb 20 18:46:30 PST 2014

Hi.  I have a customer on AIMS 2013 (MGOS 2.4) that is reporting that maptips
stop working for many users after working in AIMS for a period of time.  I
have added some console logging to the Maptip.js and MapGuide.js getMapTip
and parseMapTip functions and have had them send me screenshots of the
console when this happens.  It turns out that MapGuide.js getMapTip is not
executing.  I suspect that this.getMapLayer().getMapTip(this) in showMaptip
in Maptip.js  is somehow invalid at this point.  I know that showMaptip is
being called.  Toggling the Maptip button on and off has no effect.

Has anyone experienced this?  Does anyone have any idea why this may be
occurring or how to fix it once it's occurred without having to reload the
entire layout?

Thank you.