[mapguide-users] Change UserCredentials with Python

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Fri Jul 11 06:17:03 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have the requirement of changing the configuration elements (servicename,
username, password) of all SQLServerSpatial FeatureSources in a library.
I thought this would be a perfect test case for Jackies "IronPython Console"
in Maestro especially since I haven't written a python script before.

Changing the servicename was no problem but now I'm struggling with changing
the user credentials.

I thought I just have to use the SetEncryptedCredentials method of the
FeatureSource but this ended up in this error:

This error is also thrown on other methods like GetConfigurationContent or
GetConnectionProperties.

That is what I have so far:

Any help would be appreciated,

Gunter