[mapguide-users] QueryMapFeatures handle lines as areas in MapGuide 2.5

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Mon Mar 3 03:14:39 PST 2014

Hi all

I noticed that MapGuide 2.5 seems to treat lines as areas when I do
QueryMapFeature(...). I use this for displaying tooltips on my map. I then
call QueryMapFeature with a small bounding box (wkt) around the coordinate
of the mouse cursor. With MapGuide 2.2 there was no problem with the
tooltips. I had to be close (within the buffer) of a line to get the object.
Now it seems that the QueryMapFeatures return the line if the coordinate is
within the enclosed area by the line. Just as if the line was an
area/polygon.
Has anyone else experienced this? I am using Maestro API 4, but perhaps
there is an extra/secret parameter that I need to apply in MapGuide 2.5 to
avoid this behavior?

Best regards
  Hans Milling...