[mapguide-users] Wish : Layer with Theme

Rémy Gourrat rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Thu Mar 13 04:29:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

In reaction last days post about layer theme...

It could be interesting to have an option to On/off only on one theme of the layer and not all the layer.

Why:

- if you have code that works on this layer, you not need to listen selection or action on  multiple layer but just only on one layer

- on maestro you reduce considerably layer maintenance operation

- on MapGuide Viewer, you have a more compact legend

- ...

Look at this example, with those themes layers, the only difference between them  is ONLY the type of the Asset network  (EU,EP,EI,UN, HS...).

Users want easily On/off datas by type of ASSET (wihtout query, too heavy), so we need to explode Theme Layer in unique layer 5 times but it's same graphic chart, same datastore, same attributes...

Every time we need to change a symbol, a type line, we repeat the change 5 times... with forget risk or miss something.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF3EB7.BE877780]

It would be very useful to see one day on MapGuide Viewer :

[cid:image005.png at 01CF3EB6.2BEBD700]

Rémy

image005.png (3K) <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/attachment/5128749/0/image005.png>
image001.jpg (26K) <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/attachment/5128749/1/image001.jpg>