[mapguide-users] mapviewernet web.config request validation setting

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Fri Mar 21 10:38:49 PDT 2014

So, for whatever reason, my MapGuide installation of 2.5.2's mapviewernet/setselection.aspx was throwing "Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value" errors whenever I used the SetSelectionXml function in javascript. Not really sure why it was doing that since the page has validateRequest="false" in the page declaration.

Anyway, my solution was to add <httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0"/> to that folder's Web.Config file. Now the page doesn't throw validation errors.

Would it be a good idea to just include this tag in that Web.Config file by default in the installation? I probably was the one who caused the errors in the first place with my constant code hacking, but maybe using the config tag would make a harmless failsafe to make sure the pages don't get validated.