[mapguide-users] Stop services

Mal mfernandes at rand.com
Mon Nov 3 21:22:04 PST 2014

OK, this is what I have
I have two folders one with the old FDO providers and one with the new
downloaded FDO providers from the link as per my previous post
1. check services and it is running.
2. able to login via the mapguide site admin
3. delete the existing FDO provider folder (C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Fdo)
4. copy the new FDO provider folder and files to C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server
5. using services.msc attempt to start services, although the status shows
started, if you click the refresh button it shows that the services has not
started.
6. this is confirmed as I cannot login in via the  mapguide site admin
7. restart my computer also does not start the services.
8. delete the new FDO folder and files and copy back the old FDO provider
and files
9. not able to start services via the services.msc, however if I restart my
computer the MG services are started and I can login

here is a sample of the error.log file
# Log Parameters: CLIENT,CLIENTIP,USER,ERROR,STACKTRACE
<2014-11-04T00:02:12> 	3768
 Success: Server started.
<2014-11-04T00:02:39> 	3768
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T00:05:18> 	1048
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Failed to load FDO library.
 StackTrace:
  - MgServer.open() line 1222 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
  - MgServer.svc() line 1058 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
<2014-11-04T00:05:18> 	1048
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T00:06:12> 	3984
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Failed to load FDO library.
 StackTrace:
  - MgServer.open() line 1222 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
  - MgServer.svc() line 1058 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
<2014-11-04T00:06:12> 	3984
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T00:07:56> 	2400
 Error: Application terminated abnormally.
        Unknown exception.
<2014-11-04T00:07:56> 	2400
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T00:08:06> 	3668
 Error: Application terminated abnormally.
        Unknown exception.
<2014-11-04T00:08:06> 	3668
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T00:09:45> 	1216