[mapguide-users] How to update FDO provider

Mal mfernandes at rand.com
Tue Nov 4 18:46:25 PST 2014

Can someone  *please* help.
I have tried just about everything, reinstall, reg clean.

I have win7/64 and installed mapguide2.6.
I also download the latest FDO provider Windows 64bit SDK from
http://fdo.osgeo.org/content/fdo-380-downloads

as per the instruction from
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/UserGuides/UpdatingFDOInstallation
I am trying to update my FDO provider

services started correctly <2014-11-04T21:12:12>

stopped services <2014-11-04T21:25:13>
I deleted (or moved) the current FDO folder C:\Program
Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Fdo

I then copied and renamed the BIN folder from the SDK to FDO
and copied this new FDO folder to C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\Fdo

Unable to started services <2014-11-04T21:26:01>

copied back the original FDO folder and was able to
start services <2014-11-04T21:26:48>

*what am I missing*. do I need to register the new FDO dll.
Although the instructions say to copy the new FDO folder is this incorrect.
I have tested this on a VMWare so all I have is the Win7 OS. IIS fastCGI all
tested as per the install guide

# Log Type: Error Log
# Log Parameters: CLIENT,CLIENTIP,USER,ERROR,STACKTRACE
<2014-11-04T21:12:12> 	3728
 Success: Server started.
<2014-11-04T21:24:55> 	3728
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T21:25:02> 	2180
 Success: Server started.
<2014-11-04T21:25:13> 	2180
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T21:26:01> 	2012
 Error: An exception occurred in FDO component.
        Failed to load FDO library.
 StackTrace:
  - MgServer.open() line 1222 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
  - MgServer.svc() line 1058 file
c:\working\build_area\mapguide\2.6.0\x64\mgdev\server\src\core\Server.cpp
<2014-11-04T21:26:01> 	2012
 Success: Server stopped.
<2014-11-04T21:26:48> 	3928
 Success: Server started.