[mapguide-users] How to update FDO provider

Mark Volz (LeapCAD) mark at leap-cad.com
Wed Nov 5 14:58:13 PST 2014

Have you tried to connect to your access file directly through the ODBC
(data source) interface i.e. not through MapGuide?

There might be an issue with your odbc driver config .... I'm inferring that
from this line;
RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
default driver specified

I've only used the odbc connection a couple of times (many years ago) and
the way I did it was as follows;
1) go into the control panel > admin tools > ODBC data source administrator
(either 64 or 32 depending on which drivers you have installed) on the
server
2) click on the system DSN tab
3) create your connection, save and test it, remember the name.
4) close the admin tool
5) connect to MapGuide
6) create a data connection using the ODBC FDO
7) select system DSN
8) enter the name of the connection you created in step 3
9) continue as normal.

To save any possible 32/64bit issues I would suggest you only use the 64bit
access ODBC driver.

Hopefully that is still process and it works for you.
Mark