[mapguide-users] MapGuide crashes at rendering the Tile from Basemap.

Martin Herich maherich at gis-services.sk
Tue Nov 25 06:13:01 PST 2014

Hi,
we are using 64Bit Mapguide 2.6 on Windows 7 and Windows 2008R2. Both installations use the same data coming from MS SQL Server. There are 2 Base layers consisting from ca 500 000 tiles in all scales.
We tried to use mgcooker to precache the tiles. However at small scales with huge number of tiles mapguide crashes. In the access log we can see the last tile that was correctly created. The next tile that probably crashes mapguide is created only as .LCK in the repository. If we delete this file and try to start mgcooker once more we got the same problem at the same tile.
If we rename the problematic tile to .PNG the cooker goes further but crashes at another tile. The percent of tiles that are not created and crash the mapguide is not big but it is impossible to create a set with 300000 of tiles when you have to restart the service each time it crashes down. Moreover when this process has to be started once a month. And of course the tiles that are not creating are missing.
We have made one more test. We have identified the place where the tile that crashes mapguide is situated. If we try to zoom in to this place using browser client, mapguide crashes too. But not on another zoom level in the same place. That means the data seems to be correct.
Can you give any hint how to build the tiles correctly?
Martin