[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2.6 issues on Ubuntu / Linux

perzsa p3rzs4 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:41:55 PDT 2014

Hello everyone! We are using MGOS with our application for getting static map
pictures from Europe. We managed to put together the whole server and maps
through trials and errors and it works, most of the time. The getmapimage
http request works fluently for 2-3 days then all of a sudden the mapguide
server stops with

segmentation fault (core dumped),

but there is nothing in the logs about this. We never came across with this
problem on Windows (tested it). Any help about this?

I found nothing on the internets that helps, so i tried to make an app that
restarts MGOS whenever this happens. But when it stops with this fault, and
i try to restart it, the ports 2810,2811 or 2812 randomly 'taken' for a few
minutes. Why is this happening? MGOS uses them still after it stops? How is
it even possible?

Thank you for anyone's answer.