[mapguide-users] MapGuide 2.6 issues on Ubuntu / Linux

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 08:35:01 PDT 2014

Please check what the result of "ulimit -c" is before running MapGuide

When MapGuide segfaults with a core dump if "ulimit -c" outputs 0, then no
core dump file is generated. A core dump file can reveal the stack trace
that could provide more information.

As for the ports not being freed for a few minutes after MapGuide, it seems
this only happens when MapGuide is not shut down cleanly. I have no idea
what is still holding onto these ports, nor do I know of any utility that
can free up these ports without having to wait a few minutes.

- Jackie