[mapguide-users] Custom GDAL for MGOS 2.6 and 3.0

Scott Hameister scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Fri Apr 17 06:49:01 PDT 2015

That would be Great!

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Jackie Ng <jumpinjackie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> As some of you already know by now, the standard response to <how to get
> ECW/MrSID/etc working> for MGOS has always been to go to gisinternals and
> grab the same GDAL binary release built with the same MSVC compiler we use
> to build your particular release of MapGuide.
>
> This suggestion worked up to the 2.5.2 release. Unfortunately, that above
> suggestion does not apply for 2.6 and 3.0 as gisinternals does not offer a
> MSVC 2012 compiled build of GDAL 1.10
>
> I have just discovered that Tamas also offers all the supporting libs
> needed
> to compile this full featured GDAL yourself at:
>
> http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk.php
>
> Since that's the case, I am going to try building a custom GDAL (using our
> internal GDAL 1.10 source tree in FDO) against these libs to see if we can
> achieve our desired result. If this works, I'll post these custom GDAL
> binaries up (you'll still must abide by the original licensing terms for
> ECW/MrSID/etc) and see if we can finally put this frequently asked question
> to rest

> until the next MSVC compiler update :/
>
> - Jackie

*Scott Hameister | www.mpowerinnovations.com
<http://www.mpowerinnovations.com/>________________________________________**mPower
Innovations*
1051 N Lynndale Drive, Suite 2A, Appleton, WI 54914
Main: (877) 269-6971 x 204 <%28877%29%20269-6971%20x%20207> | Mobile: (920)
419-6250 <%28920%29%20470-0292>