[mapguide-users] Custom GDAL for MGOS 2.6 and 3.0

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 05:51:22 PDT 2015

Hi All,

As some of you already know by now, the standard response to <how to get
ECW/MrSID/etc working> for MGOS has always been to go to gisinternals and
grab the same GDAL binary release built with the same MSVC compiler we use
to build your particular release of MapGuide.

This suggestion worked up to the 2.5.2 release. Unfortunately, that above
suggestion does not apply for 2.6 and 3.0 as gisinternals does not offer a
MSVC 2012 compiled build of GDAL 1.10

I have just discovered that Tamas also offers all the supporting libs needed
to compile this full featured GDAL yourself at:

http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk.php

Since that's the case, I am going to try building a custom GDAL (using our
internal GDAL 1.10 source tree in FDO) against these libs to see if we can
achieve our desired result. If this works, I'll post these custom GDAL
binaries up (you'll still must abide by the original licensing terms for
ECW/MrSID/etc) and see if we can finally put this frequently asked question
to rest

until the next MSVC compiler update :/

- Jackie