[mapguide-users] MapGuide as WMS server - high CPU usage, poor performance

Hans Milling hm at geograf.dk
Fri Dec 4 00:54:52 PST 2015

Hi Rob

I am sad to say that my experience is the same as yours. The WMS is very
slow and uses a lot of resources. Also I found that Esri ArcView/Map/GIS
does not like the XML that MapGuide WMS produces, and does not work at all.
MapInfo and QGIS have no problem with the WMS from a MapGuide server.
Most of our clients set up a separate GeoServer to make public WMS or WFS
instead of using the MapGuide server.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...