[mapguide-users] New Looks of the Mobile GIS/Mapping Viewer - The Town of Qualicum Beach

RenoSun renolionheart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 12:46:52 PST 2015

Hi Jackie,

Did pre-seeding means pre-generation for the XYZ tiles?

If so, I already did the same thing by using FME Workbench, and I generate
whole XYZ tiles as following link:

http://maps.qualicumbeach.com/GE/QBGoogleAirPhotoCompareTool/2011/WebTiler/18/40468/89635.png

However, I found use mapguide-rest to generate the XYZ tiles by using
Portable Basemap Server (1.5 hours) are the way faster than using FME (few
days for zoom level 10-19).

Nevertheless, Portable Basemap Server doesn't provide me a solution to
generate the XYZ tiles for zoom levels between 20-22, but mapguide-rest can
generate high zoom level (20-21) tiles for me although it's slower. I also
missed few tiles here and there by using Portable Basemap. It might be my
AIMS couldn't handle it anymore in the end. I think I can probably
programming to pre-generate those tiles, but won't be as fast as Portable
Basemap. Also, it's not necessary to have pre-generate tiles for our aerial
photos now since it won't provide more details even you can zoom that much.
Our highest resolution aerial photo (2009) is on Google Map, so I can just
use the tile image from Google which is super fast.

Neither pre-seeding tiles, and dynamic tiles are faster than the tiles
generated by MapBox. However, it has some weired looking tiles at low zoom
level 13-15 if you upload JPEG compressed GeoTiff.

If you turned the 2011 aerial photo on, you will notice there are some wired
colors on the map. Maybe I should I just use the solution like  MapTiler
<http://www.maptiler.com/pricing/>  ...

Thanks...