[mapguide-users] MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier String Problem (2.5 and 2.6 side by side)

Riccardo Pucci riccardo.pucci at geowebitalia.it
Thu Feb 19 10:41:00 PST 2015

Hi,
Only the first call to MgInitializeWebTier made inside the process that
load MapGuideAPI.dll actually read webconfig.ini file and initialize the
API. All the calls made after the first are ingnored.
If the process where your app runs, is shared with 2.5 the first one that
inizialize the API rules..

Riccardo

> Hi, its me again :-)
>
> I've installed the MG 2.6 by now (64 bit, mapviewernet (.NET)).  It’s a
> side by side installation with 2.5. It works fine as long as I’m not using
> the API.
>
> I can’t create a new Session with the MG2.6  with Code like that
>
>         Dim webConfig As String =
> "C:\Programme\OSGeo\MapGuide26\Web\www\webconfig.ini"
>         MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(webConfig)
>
>         Dim site As New MgSite
>
>         site.Open(New MgUserInformation("Anonymous", ""))
>
>         sessionId = site.CreateSession
>         Session("var_sessionId") = sessionId
>

> The Problem is that the “MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(webConfig)” goes
> on the wrong “webconfig.ini”. It doesn’t matter if the sting is empty or
> wrong. (MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(“whatever”))
>
> I’ve got the feeling that it’s not using the sting inside the
> initialization. How can I work with the sting inside the initialization?
>
> Thanks helping :-)

Riccardo Pucci
Geoweb Italia S.r.l.