[mapguide-users] XYZ-Tile creation issues

Gunter Becker gunter.becker at csogis.de
Wed Mar 18 06:50:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

after resolving a  cropping problem in creating XYZ-Tiles
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/REST-Tile-creation-crops-labels-and-symbols-td5193785.html>
I got some new issues:

1. The XYZ-Tiles seems to be distorted. How does data transformation works
with the XYZ-Tile Provider? My data is in EPSG:25832 (UTM) and needs to be
converted in EPSG:3857 as this is the default coordinate system for
XYZ-Tiles. Am I right? It seems to me that this doesn't work correctly. When
using the Default-Tile provider with a MapDefinition with EPSG:3857 the
result is as expected.

2. When using the XYZ-Tile Provider with the %MG_TILE_CACHE_PATH% variable
as TilePath  in TileSetDefinition tile creation happens twice. I found the
tiles given in serverconfig.ini and in the rest extensions cache folder.
MapGuide rest extension still uses the one from the cache folder.

3. In the latest Maestro version from trunk it is not allowed to have an
external TileProvider of type XYZ in MapDefinition. What's the reason for
this?

Gunter