[mapguide-users] mg-desktop and adding layers

VitecPer per.bjorklund at vitec.se
Wed May 27 02:27:41 PDT 2015

Hello,

I am developing a small application which displays a map using mg-desktop.
Everything works great, but I want to show the current position of the
computer.

To do this I use the windows built-in location sensor to get the position.
To display the position, I want to add a layer to the map in run-time.
Much like this  information
<http://addr.ris.ntpc.gov.tw/Geo4Oracle/help/devguide/modifying_maps_and_layers.html>
.

So far so good, the layer is added and the point is visible on the map.

But the problem is when I try to Zoom, the program crashes and throws a
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException in System.dll.
(I can refresh the map without a crash!)

I don't know where the exception is coming from but I believe it has
something to do with the mglegend update.

Does anyone know what could be wrong or another way to add the GPS position
to the map?