[mapguide-users] MG Scale Out - isolating MG Repository out of MG server process

Srecko Lipovsek srecko.lipovsek at kaliopa.si
Wed May 27 08:01:43 PDT 2015

Yes, multiple mgserver processes cannot hit the same dbxml database, because
first one put lock on it, so the thought was how to achieve this.
Putting Repository out of mgserver process will allow it.
How big change in MG code will this be?

Once I have tested load balancing in MG.
There were problem when saving changes through Studio to that kind of load
balanced server (making new layers, maps, updating, ...), because you newer
know on which server (Repository) you are saving on. Also difficult to
implement and not stable.

Once somewhere in dbxml documentation I have read something about dbxml
replication, but don’t know how to make this on MG repository.

If there is some kind of live Repository sinhronization (replication) (only
Library) then with some other load balancer (eg. nginx proxy) this can be
easily done.