[mapguide-users] REST Broken Parts or being Used Incorrectly? Jackie?

Flipper scotth at mpowerinnovations.com
Thu Nov 12 14:47:44 PST 2015

To describe what my Intention is. I have a report with zoom buttons in each
row. The Button has a Field "GISID",a corresponding value "HY00001"  and
Layername "g_hydrants" inside of it

I want this button To trigger ajax to run rest commands To Make a selection
in my session on Layer g_hydrants where GISID = 'HY00001' I would retrieve
the bounding box/Geometry of that selection and then have open layers zoom
there

I am not even sure if what I am trying is just a DATA query or if it infact
makes a selection in the map
I can force a SELECTION via XML but that requires knowing the odd TY67H==
like IDS that I can only seem to retreive from doing a geometry selection
ever.

If what I want can't be done with REST then this Project is DEAD in the
water and I will have to go another route using the API which I was hoping
to avoid since the viewer is almost entirely JQUERY and OPENLAYERS.

In the rest samples I never saw a zoom that wasn't just a coordinate after a
query.