[mapguide-users] mgcooker : use more cpu resource ?

Lisa Weber lisaw at precisionmanagementsolutions.com.au
Mon Oct 5 17:24:56 PDT 2015

Remy,

I have had similar experiences. I have tested the same tile cache process using MgCooker on two servers and a desktop and found it difficult to sustain a CPU usage above 27%. When I greatly increased the number of concurrent requests (over 10) that lifted the CPU to 34%, but a lot of tiles began to file, and the RAM usage maxxed out.

I found the only way to avoid failed tiles was to reduce the number of concurrent requests to 5 or less. This did not speed up the process significantly, as I generated the tiles a number of times using different numbers of concurrent requests.

The fastest configuration was the machine with the most RAM available which was the desktop, even with concurrent requests set to 1. The servers ran much slower, even though they were both multi-threaded.

Lisa