[mapguide-users] mgcooker : use more cpu resource ?

Rémy Gourrat rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Sat Oct 3 02:57:40 PDT 2015

Thanks for your help.

I tried

-          3 threading concurrent request, CPU increase to 75%.

But CPU vary between 8% and 41%

But after maybe 90000 tiles, mgcooker failed to render tiles and I have this message  :

Nom de l'application défaillante w3wp.exe, version : 7.5.7601.17514, horodatage : 0x4ce7afa2
Nom du module défaillant : MgMapGuideCommon.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x529df5b5
Code d'exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d'erreur : 0x0000000002da407d
ID du processus défaillant : 0x1fe0
Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d0fdaea9720738
Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: MgMapGuideCommon.dll
ID de rapport : 41de8723-69a2-11e5-9391-00155d2dc611

I tried 3 times  and same result.

-          2 threading concurrent request, CPU increase to 41%.

But CPU vary between 14% and 41%

Very strange too, total used memory display in task manager  increase very high (7.9 Go for 8Go) but when I check in resource monitor the memory addition process is not equal to the indication of task manager.

Mgserver.exe used only 360 Mo.

With resource monitor I see this :

o   Reserved material : 1 Mo

o   Used : 2236 Mo

o   Modified : 5000 Mo

o   Sleeped : 790 Mo

o   Free : 0 Mo

With Process Monitor (Procmon.exe) I see that for each tile mgserver.exe access to *.CS*.dll (il oose the name.
Is it normal ? it's not a issue for performance.

Finally mgcooker failed to render tiles

On same time running, It seems that with one Thread mgcooker generate more tiles than with 2 or 3 trheads, because I think that with 2 or 3 treads there is  too much variation.

Thanks for ideas.

-----
AG-Carto - Bayonne