[mapguide-users] MapGuide WFS returns empty response for geometry filter with >200 vertices

Joy Chua joychua97 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:53:07 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

We are currently having a problem when querying the WFS with geometry
filter that contains more than 200 vertices. We see this problem for both
GET and POST methods.

We have tried the following Apache server settings, however, neither the
GET nor POST request works for long geometry filter. So whatever is causing
this, the configuration/fix must be applicable to both methods.

We have tried to turn on all the logs but was not able to find any error
from the logs (MapGuide and Apache logs). What is interesting is that for
long geometry filter (~200 vertices), the response is very fast (under 10
seconds) but it returns no features/empty response.

Would you know if there is any configuration in the MapGuide Server or the
FDO connection or anything else that maybe causing this?

***Httpd.conf

LimitRequestFieldSize 500000

LimitRequestLine 2000000

LimitRequestBody 0

LimitXMLRequestBody 2000000

LimitRequestFields 500

MaxRanges 500

#SecRequestBodyLimit 500000 ( NOTE: this setting will not allow the apache
server to start so I have to comment it out)

***Php.ini

upload_max_filesize = 256M

post_max_size = 257M

max_input_vars = 1000000