[mapguide-users] Fusion with OpenLayers 3

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 07:04:15 PST 2016

I definitely agree that Fusion is in a drastic need of an overhaul.

But this would be a massive undertaking of developer effort, and needs lots
of discussions around:

 - What libraries/frameworks beyond the obvious OpenLayers to base the new
Fusion on? I could lose 6 months easy in analysis paralysis weighing the
pros and cons of
jQuery/Ext/Dojo/Kendo/Bootstrap/Angular/React/Backbone/Ember/etc. My brain
bleeds thinking about this anytime I think about starting a greenfield web
frontend project.
 - How much of current Fusion (widgets/apis) do we want to preserve?
 - What bits of Fusion (widgets/api) can we afford to leave behind?
 - Do we keep the ApplicationDefinition spec for driving the Fusion viewer?
 - Many more questions!

We haven't seriously had any of these discussions.

- Jackie