[mapguide-users] Fusion with OpenLayers 3

GordonL gordon.luckett at arrowgeomatics.com
Fri Jan 15 12:06:38 PST 2016

Yes,
Apart from OpenLayers 3 - which is huge re-write, what about leveraging
GeoEXT 3?

I know its a wrapper for GeoServer, but it really has a lot of connections
to OpenLayers 3 that be be used.

>From a fusion perspective, the applicationdefinition is pretty good, so why
not keep that, but drop JxLib and use GeoEXT
(https://geoext.github.io/geoext3/)?

I like that the Legend.js example in the mapguide-rest examples is much
faster than the legend in Fusion so that might be something to consider.

I would like to see a more open API to the Fusion idea, where we don't have
to rebuild the FusionSF etc for widgets, but just add them as a separate but
integrated JS library.

That way as each version rolls along.
There should no be a huge migration effort to all the customized layouts and
widgets (I happen to know one municipality that was so entrenched in a
customized Fusion implementation that couldn't upgrade MapGuide and they
gave up and went with E$RI).

This site does not use Fusion or Ajax with MapGuide but has a complete
re-write with extjs-4.1.1
http://cmnmaps.ca/sk/ (Thanks GeoMap guys!)

I really like this implementation too.