[mapguide-users] External request to Layout without "re-login"

torrini maria.kallbach at geoplanteam.ch
Mon Jun 27 04:34:23 PDT 2016

Hi list,

following scenario:

*1)* Login to a password protected WebGIS
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5273528/Zwischenablage02.png>

*2)* Click onto an object (here: a hydrant)
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5273528/Zwischenablage04.png>

*3)* Click onto the widget which opens an external Website (here: a database
with more information about the hydrant)
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5273528/Zwischenablage05.png>

*3)* Read the database-information
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5273528/Zwischenablage06.png>

*and now:*
a link back from the external WebSite to the WebGIS at the desired position.
That means: How is it possbile to (re-)open the WebGIS without knowing the
login data? Or is it possible to transfer the extent of the view and to open
a login window between?
I started to think about cookies. But then I realized that they cannot be
read by other WebSites. My next thoughts go to the tag "target" in HTML, but
I don't think they are enough.

Cheers!
-torrini