[mapguide-users] Mapguide server 3.0 crashes often and got pink screen in the fusion viewer

johnnyT giovanni.tommasi at abitat.it
Sat Mar 12 13:03:55 PST 2016

Hi, you have to use empirical method!

1. Try optimize serverconfig.ini parameters. We use this parameters with a
repositories with many maps and layers
LibraryCacheSize                   = 32
SessionCacheSize                   = 2
DBPageSize                         = 32
DBXMLPageSize                      = 32
LibraryLogBufferSize               = 50
SessionLogBufferSize               = 20
DBMaxTransactions                  = 3000
SessionDBPageSize                  = 2
SessionDBXMLPageSize               = 0.5
DBTimeout                          = 0.2
DBMaxLockers                       = 3000

2. Forget SHP and use SDF for best performance and stability

3. Try to understand if pink map occurs with only SHP layers, or with only
Postgis Layers. Perhaps the problem is caused by a specific data source

4. Try to avoid FDO filters on layers with many object, use View on database
side

5. We got pink screen one year ago caused by a malformed polygon geometry
(in Oracle). We found the problem because pink map happened always on the
same map extent!!

6. Try to decrease pink map occurrences, because resolve definitely is vary
hard in my opinion without a good log file created by application

7. Enable MapGuide Performance Log to get important parameters about memory
consumption and so on. Graphic in Excel on Performance Log are very cool

I hope this helps
johnny