[mapguide-users] Need a few help ...

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:59:30 PDT 2016

Linux is not like Windows with its well-renowned binary compatibility. You
can't just take binaries from one distro and put it in another distro and
expect things to work.

Secondly, due to imposed constraints on Windows, we are also tightly-bound
to a specific version of PHP (currently the 5.5.x series). We simply do not
have the developer/test resources to move to PHP 5.6/7.0 and be able to say
MapGuide is supported for these versions. If you try to use any version of
PHP that's not 5.5.x, you're on your own.

If you *must* build for CentOS 7, all I can do is point you to:

 * The build scripts used to build MapGuide
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Tools/Vagrant/scripts)
 * The CentOS vagrantfile
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Tools/Vagrant/centos/x64/Vagrantfile)
that should provide a high-level overview of how these build scripts are to
be invoked in a CentOS environment
 * The packer box setup script for CentOS
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Tools/Vagrant/packer/scripts/mapguide/centos64.sh)
that should tell you what dependencies you'll have to 'yum install'
beforehand

Actually, you might as well svn checkout the whole vagrant subdir
(https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/browser/trunk/Tools/Vagrant) as there's
various other files/notes that may be of use.

Good luck.

- Jackie