[mapguide-users] WMS/WFS services not available - how to deal with it?

Fritz Robert Robert.Fritz at win.ch
Thu Mar 2 06:39:34 PST 2017

Hi,

we consume external WMS services. Sometimes these services are not available or do not work properly. It can take some time until we (admins) actually notice that - either by users getting back to us or through log file messages.
Now, for the user it is sometimes not noticable that a layer based on a service is not displayed in a map. But how to deal with situations like this? As soon as a services doesnt respond with an image the user should get notified. But there isnt any mechanism for that in MapGuide, is there? How do you deal with a situation like this? Any suggestions?

Rob