[mapguide-users] Help with Spatial Contexts

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Mon Mar 6 08:08:39 PST 2017

I asked an earlier question about PostGis and spatial context issues.  I'm
not sure it was a very clear question so I decided it might be better to try
and ask a more general question to see if I am making a more fundamental
mistake in my approach to authoring resources.

I need some help understanding Data Sources, Layers and Spatial Contexts.
Specifically how they are detected, defined in data sources and then
assigned to layers.

Should I always have a separate data source for every layer?
Should I have a separate data source for every Spatial Context in a
database?
How does a layer get assigned a Spatial Context?
Can I specify what Spatial Context a layer should use?

Thanks